Deacon DeLuca

Deacon plans retirement after academic year

Gloria Gjuraj, News Section Editor

Deacon DeLuca will retire from his role as Director of Campus Ministry and Religious Education at the end of this academic year. He has held this position since July of 1999. Monsignor Michael R. Houle recruited him from Atlanta, Ga. to design and implement a Campus Ministry Program for the school. 

“As I retire I, am happy to be able to leave behind a vibrant Campus Ministry Program” said DeLuca. 

He believes he has been blessed to serve at Bishop Kenny High School as a classroom teacher-minister and to work with wonderful colleagues over the years. During his years here he has been able to utilize his background in Pastoral Counseling, by working with students and families during moments of distress. He has also been blessed to witness marriages and baptize the children of his former student through being an ordained Deacon. 

“My favorite part of Bishop Kenny is the strong sense of family, belonging, and compassionate service to the greater Jacksonville community” DeLuca said.

He plans to enjoy time with his wife of 48 years, Betty, his children and grandchildren. He plans on traveling with his friends and family. He has promised the Lord that he will continue to serve in his vocation as a deacon as long as his health allows.