Breaking News
Student Media - Bishop Kenny High School

The Shield

The Shield

The Shield

Support Us
$225
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Bishop Kenny High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

Teachers at BK: Joe Rebuck and Heather Kwak

New faculty in the Learning Commons
Joe Rebuck and Heather Kwak feel welcomed by Bishop Kenny.

Joe Rebuck, Director of Technology Integration and Heather Kwak, Coordinator of Technology Integration and Media Services, have made their debut in the Learning Commons of Bishop Kenny High School. Their primary role entails helping students and teachers download books onto their devices and offering assistance when technical difficulties arise.

Having both graduated from Florida State University, Rebuck and Kwak pursued an interest in evolving technology and decided to share their talents with the world.

“Growing up, I was always surrounded by technology. So, it’s just really easy to learn and teach to others as well,” Kwak said.

After arriving at Bishop Kenny, Rebuck and Kwak were welcomed with open arms from the family-like atmosphere and were filled with excitement toward the upcoming year.

“I felt complete,” Rebuck said. “I really like that fact that here, at Bishop Kenny, we teach the whole package. You’re teaching them academics, but also values- humility, empathy, and things like that.”

Rebuck and Kwak expect an excellent year, working with the students and faculty members to achieve the best use of technology to further their education.