Breaking News
Student Media - Bishop Kenny High School

The Shield

The Shield

The Shield

Support Us
$225
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Bishop Kenny High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

Teachers at BK: Grace Isaac

Grace Isaac explains becoming a new teacher
Grace Isaac takes her first photo as an official staff member.

Grace Isaac is a new faculty member of Bishop Kenny. She graduated with a Bachelor’s degree from Valdosta State University and is now teaching in the English Department. While she may be new to teaching, she is not new to the school itself. Isaac graduated from Kenny and greatly values the school.

“The community is being back at home,” Isaac said, “I’m very, very proud to be a Bishop Kenny alumni.”

Isaac is not only a teacher, but also a coach for the Elite Dance Team. Dance has always been a big part of Isaac’s life, whether it was taking classes or teaching them. Now as a coach, Isaac expresses her love for what she is able to do.

“I always knew I wanted to coach…And now I’m coaching here, so I always love to keep dancing,” Isaac said.

Reflecting on her path to teaching, Isaac mentions how her faith led her to be where she is today.

“During college I always prayed that God would show me a sign or something on where I needed to go in life,” Isaac said, “I truly believe that God had a lot to do with putting this in my path.”

Isaac’s favorite part of teaching is her interactions with her students. She expresses the joy she feels while teaching.

“I love how everyday is a new adventure in the classroom and that each of these kids always find a way to keep my smiling,” Isaac said.