Whiteout Win

Boys varsity basketball team wins first home game

Abby Milkes, Editor-in-Chief

The boys basketball team hosted the Stanton Blue Devils at their first home game on Nov. 23. It was a whiteout, so the entire student section was decked out in their white attire. 

The starters of the game were seniors Drew McAtee, Kyle Sulayman, Gavin Meehan, junior Diego Dionisio, and sophomore Tong Tong.

Tong Tong won the tip at the start of the game and senior Kyle Sulayman made a layup to score the first points of the game. 

After multiple blocks from Tong and several threes by Dionisio, Kenny took the lead early on. By the end of quarter one, Kenny was up 13-6. 

To start quarter 2, a whole new lineup started. Juniors Jayden Harris, Jackson Burnett, Barrett Baker, Alex Ritter, and sophomore Justin Gist were put in. Sophomore OJ Eziemefe also contributed by pulling down key rebounds. After many offensive plays, Kenny pulled away by 10. By halftime, the score was 39-19, Kenny.

Both cheer and the BK Elite Dance Team performed at halftime.

In quarter three, McAtee had multiple steals and layups. With about 20 seconds left, Tong dunked, and made the crowd go wild. By the end of quarter 3, BK was up, extending their lead to 54-30.

To begin the fourth quarter, Gist sank a three. Nearing the end of the game, more players were put in including seniors Harrison Groom, Ja’kari Harris, Braxton Gruver, and junior Sebastain Consuegra.

The Crusaders walked out with a win, 69-42. McAtee led with 17 points, and Harris followed with 14.

The boys are back in action on Nov. 30 at Wolfson.