Breaking News
Student Media - Bishop Kenny High School

The Shield

The Shield

The Shield

Support Us
$225
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Bishop Kenny High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

Swing, Succeed, Repeat

TPC Sawgrass Recap
This+is+an+overview+of+the+17th+hole+at+TPC+Sawgrass.+
Photo courtesy of tpc.com
This is an overview of the 17th hole at TPC Sawgrass.

The Players Championship (TPC) Sawgrass Professional Golfers’ Association (PGA) Tour was back again for its 50th annual PGA Tour from Mar. 12 to 17.

Coming into this tournament, Scottie Scheffler was the defending champion and is currently number one in the world. If he were to win this tour then he would be the first in history to win TPC Sawgrass back to back, so there was a lot of pressure on him to win again this year.

This has been known to be a very hard course over the years. This year, big names such as Justin Thomas and Jordan Speith didn’t even make the cut.

On the last day of the tournament, Sunday Mar. 17, Scheffler had a five-shot comeback that had his fans ecstatic.

Entering the 19th hole, Scheffler was at -19, and if he was able to obtain this, then he would have the lowest score ever on this course in the PGA Tour.

Scheffler ended with -20, but he still had to wait for Xander Schauffele and Wyndham Clark

Coming up to the 18th hole, Clark was at -19, and needed to get to -20 on this hole to go into a tie breaker round with Scheffler.

On the green, Clark needed to make a 17 foot birdie putt to tie it up. When he shot the ball, it was right on target, circled around the inside of the hole and then dumped out.

This caught everyone off guard with a big gasp from the crowd.

With this, Scheffler defended his title of TPC Sawgrass, and became the first player in history to win back to back.