Senior night 2019

The Bishop Kenny boys varsity basketball team fell to the Bolles Bulldogs by a score of 62-53 Friday night

Max Montana, Managing Editor

Lined up in the John Baldwin Athletic Center lobby, the seniors of the Bishop Kenny varsity boys basketball team prepared to walk onto the court, a court they spent countless hours and energy perfecting their talents on, arm in arm with their parents and loved ones.

“It felt pretty good, it was sad,” senior forward Noah Semple said in reference to the annual farewell ceremony. “I wish my best friend and brother Dom was here to witness this, but I know he’s up there watching over us.”

‘Senior Night’ saw the Bishop Kenny student section enlivened in ‘80’s apparel and in the hopes that their squad would take home a victory to end the regular season and Bolles’ prospects of a sweep.

Scoring early and often, however, Davey Crouch and the Bolles Bulldogs jumped ahead by eight at halftime and held off the Crusaders’ charge down the stretch in a nine-point victory.

“I thought we played really hard and scored more than we’ve had in awhile so that’s a good sign,” Bishop Kenny Coach Jerry Buckley said. “If we come together with that effort and clean up a couple things, we’ve got a good chance next week.”

The Crusaders finish their 2018-2019 season at 12-13 and look ahead to the start of district playoffs next week.