Breaking News
Student Media - Bishop Kenny High School

The Shield

The Shield

The Shield

Support Us
$225
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Bishop Kenny High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

Is the Princess of Wales missing?

Media is theorizing Kate Middleton is missing and the royal family is covering it up

The infamous royal family has been all over social media since Kate Middleton’s so called “disappearance.” 

The royal palace announced on Jan. 17 that Middleton will have abdominal surgery and the public would be unable to see her until after her recovery which is close to Easter, according to Forbes.com. 

Since then the media has been wondering if it’s all a set up for something more. The media was saying she is supposedly missing and making up any conspiracy they could.

Twitter users came up with comical theories, 

“yeh so basically Kate Middleton hasn’t been seen in months like she’s actually missing. word on the conspiracy street is that she’s doing 1 of many things – gone for a BBL, growing out her bangs, lost at the Wonka experience. also she’s possibly banksy x,” user tiger_brooke said on Feb. 28.

Others were using the rumors about Prince William’s supposed affair with Sarah Rose Hanbury as a reason for the royal palace hiding the Princess of Wales. 

The manipulated photo the royal court released of Middleton and her children (Photo courtesy of theverge.com)

All of the rumors came to a halt when the palace released a manipulated photo of Middleton with her children as a way to show she is out of surgery doing well. But many users found the original image had been taken in 2023. 

With this new image, social media went crazy thinking that this a set up and Middleton is truly missing.

It only fueled social media conspirators when TMZ released a photo of Middleton out and about. Many were quick to shut it down because many screenshots of the supposed princess were showing a woman who did not look like Middleton. 

These photos and videos have not calmed down speculation with the public and many are invested to see if Middleton is truly okay or if there is a deeper meaning behind the photoshops and fake actors.