Breaking News
Student Media - Bishop Kenny High School

The Shield

The Shield

The Shield

Support Us
$225
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Bishop Kenny High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

Double Dance Win

Competitive dance team wins first overall in both its divisions

The Bishop Kenny Elite Dance Team competed at the UDA Florida Dance Championship held in Orlando, Fla. on Monday, Jan. 16. They competed in both the Intermediate Varsity Hip Hop and Jazz divisions. They took first place in both divisions and defended their Regional Championship in Hip Hop from last year as well. 

Both routines had zero deductions and contained a variety of skills. Their hip hop was choreographed by the Captains and included Varsity level tricks as well as complex movement and formations. Their jazz routine was choreographed by a Tribe 99 choreographer and scored very high under the difficulty scale. It included turn sections and different technical skills. 

The dance team will compete at the national level March 7-10. Wish them good luck!