Breaking News
Student Media - Bishop Kenny High School

The Shield

The Shield

The Shield

Support Us
$225
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Bishop Kenny High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

Hunger Games is Back

New Hunger Games movie release performs well in box office

The newest addition of the Hunger Games film series was released on Nov. 21 2023. 

The film reached their 100 million dollar budget goal the first weekend of its release. It has since almost passed 200 million dollars in the box office, according to boxofficemojo.com, only two weeks after the release. 

The film “The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes” is a prequel to the original series, and is also based on Suzanne Colin’s book that she released in 2020. 

The lead stars, Tom Blyth and Rachel Zegler, have not starred in much but now their careers have taken off after this film. Zegler starred in “West Side Story” (2021), which was one of her first films. But now she’s been added to one of the most famous film series, and she is already working on more projects. Blyth starred in the tv show “Billy the Kid” (2022) but now has his first big break. 

The movie follows the storyline of young Coriolanus Snow (Tom Blyth), or how most know him from the original films, President Snow. It shows his story and how he was a mentor for the tenth annual hunger games. Snow was a mentor of the female tribute of District 12, Lucy Gray Baird (Rachel Zegler). The movie shows how a romance starts to grow between the two, and it attempts to show Snow in a different light than the original series. 

The film is set to make much more, and fans are waiting to see if Collin’s will continue to publish novels based on the success of the newest addition.