Bidenpartisan Funding Bill

The Biden-Harris Administration provides billions of dollars to help change the world

Addison Mark, Public Relations Manager

The Biden-Harris Administration released the Bipartisan Funding bill on March 10th, 2022 to deliver a total of 1.5 trillion of critical investments to the American and people. These investments including providing funds for Ukraine, launching an advanced research study for health, facing gun crime and other violent crime, making education more affordable and facing climate change.

Delivering assistance to the Ukrainian people as they defend their country and democracy includes $13.6 billion in humanitarian, security, and economics assistance. $1.4 billon has been provided from the U.S. since 2021. All of these resources will mean more defense equipment for Ukraine, lifesaving humanitarian assistance for the Ukrainian people, and additional support for U.S. troop deployments to neighboring countries.

$1 billion will be used to help launch the President’s Advanced Research Projects Agency for Health. This will help speed important research to improve all American health, with a focus on cancer and other diseases such as diabetes and Alzheimer’s.

Gun and other violent crimes steadily increases in America, and to help President Biden clearly stated the need to fund the police with better resources and training needed to protect our communities. This funding bill boosts Federal law enforcement capacity with an increase of $554 million. This includes $1.5 billion for bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives to expand its capacity to tackle fun crime. This bill also increases the budget for the COPS Office by $126 million.

Education has become more expensive and the Bipartisan Funding Bill will help with that. $17.5 billion for the Title 1 program will help ensure that schools with a high percentage of students from low-income families will have the resources they need to deliver high-quality education to all students. This bill will also make college more affordable for millions of low and middle-income students.

Lastly, the funding bill will provide a record of $3.2 billion for the Department of Energy to provide more clean energy products and boost clean energy manufacturing. $100 million will be provided for resources to advance environmental justice at the Environmental Protection Agency, and $776 million will be provided for the Department of Interior and increases at the U.S. Department of Agriculture to prevent wildfires.

With the help of the Bipartisan Funding Bill, the $1.5 trillion the Biden-Harris administration has provided will help change the world for the better.