College Signings

Bishop Kenny senior students sign for future college athletics

Emily Yalch, Web Manager

Twelve Bishop Kenny High School athletes signed to their future colleges for athletics on February 7, 2019.

After every sport season the school hosts a signing ceremony for seniors who are going to college on an athletic scholarship. At this ceremony there were twelve athletes who signed for various sports. Including; swimming, football, soccer, volleyball, cross country, and basketball.

“I haven’t always want to go to Catholic University but after talking to Coach Winkler she convinced me to look into it and I fell in love.” Volleyball player Josephine Morrill said. “I wasn’t ready to stop playing yet, so to be able to continue it in a place I love is such a blessing.”

Josephine Morrill has played volleyball on the Bishop Kenny team for four years and played primarily as a hitter.

“I originally wanted to go to UNF but I realized I wasn’t going to be able to run for them because I was a few minutes off.” Cross Country runner Joseph Hale said, “the FSCJ Coach introduced himself to me at one of my meets and after realizing he had the same first and last name as me I knew that I had a future running for him.”

Joseph Hale’s fastest time is an 18:43 and he hopes that on the collegiate level he can reach between the 15 and 16 minute range.

These are only 2 of the 12 incredible athletes who signed in this ceremony and they all have worked very hard to get to where they are now.