Breaking News
Student Media - Bishop Kenny High School

The Shield

The Shield

The Shield

Support Us
$225
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Bishop Kenny High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

Is it too soon?

When is it too early to celebrate for Christmas

Starbucks, along with other popular brands like Dunkin Donuts, have begun to get customers in the Christmas spirit by releasing their different Christmas treats, just 2 days after Halloween. This caused quite a stir among certain individuals because some believe Christmas is too far away to be celebrating. 

Despite some holding firm to this belief, others have already started playing their favorite Christmas tunes. Approving this, SiriusXM began broadcasting Christmas songs on their holiday channels Wednesday, November 8, according to radioinsight.com.

Some even started celebrating before Halloween by adding a Christmas touch to their homes with festive decorations.

“I love Christmas! I will start celebrating as early as I can,” sophomore Emma Green said.

Others express their opinions by stating that participating in Christmas festivities spoils how special it is when the season actually approaches, and that people should wait until at least after Thanksgiving to celebrate.

“It is way too early to be celebrating Christmas,” junior Seth Paulus said. “We haven’t even gotten to December yet.”

Despite the disagreements, Christmas is becoming present throughout the month of November.