Breaking News
Student Media - Bishop Kenny High School

The Shield

The Shield

The Shield

Support Us
$225
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Bishop Kenny High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

Win for the Seminoles

FSU plays Duke on October 21, for their homecoming game
The student section shows their spirit with the iconic garnet and gold guys.
Quarterback Jordan Travis celebrates after making a touchdown.
One of the baton twirlers shows of her skills by playing with fire.
Fireworks go off for FSU homecoming game.
The FSU marching band lines up with the team name on the field.

Florida State University (FSU) had their 75 Homecoming on October 21. The Seminoles celebrated with their their 7 consecutive win of this season. This is also their 12 consecutive win, which is the longest active winning streak in the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC). 

The stadium was sold out for the late homecoming night game on Saturday at 7:30 p.m. The crowds were roaring in anticipation for the game, but there was a nervous tension felt amongst everyone. Since FSU is holding the longest active streak in ACC, this game is important to win.

The Seminoles were battling it out with Duke’s Blue Devils, and it was a back and forth game up until halftime when the Blue Devils were leading 17-7. There was a substantial decrease of cheers with every play, and you could feel the crowd growing scared.

But during the third quarter a miracle happened, during a kickoff return Deuce Spann fielded the return and ran it in for a 99-yd touchdown that put the Seminoles back into the game.

The stadium lit up again and never calmed down afterwards. With the energy the stadium brought, the Seminoles were able to bring in a win with the score ending in 38-20. Cheers were heard and the fireworks were lighted, the stadium was bursting with excitement.

This was a major win for the Seminoles and we’ll see if they keep up their win streak for the rest of the season.