Breaking News
Student Media - Bishop Kenny High School

The Shield

The Shield

The Shield

Support Us
$225
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Bishop Kenny High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

Grab a Quick Bite

Places to eat near Kenny before the game

Football season has begun and Friday Night Lights are back!

Here are some restaurants near Bishop Kenny to eat at before the game:

Fuji Sushi

This Japanese restaurant is all-you-can-eat style sushi, with other dishes like tempura and hibachi. They serve very quickly and are a fast informal way to enjoy the luxury of sushi. Fuji is located in San Marco Square. This is a popular restaurant amongst students and a fast way to get dinner before a game. 

The Loop

This restaurant serves American style food like burgers, salads, pizza, milkshakes and more. It’s a casual place that many can come and enjoy a quick bite. The Loop is also located in San Marco Square. 

Panera Bread

It’s a cafe that is the perfect calm environment for studying. If you have homework to finish before the game, Panera is perfect. They have a bakery, serve hot soups, sandwiches and salads. Panera is located north of Kenny on Hendricks Ave. 

Tropical Smoothie Cafe

This juice shop serves various sandwiches, wraps and smoothies. It’s a quick way, if you’re in a rush, to get a fast bite to eat and a smoothie to-go. North of San Marco Square on Hendricks Ave, you can order and pick up your smoothie on the way home. 

Firehouse Subs

This sub sandwich shop serves hot and cold subs. If you need a big bite this is a fast way to get dinner before the game. Firehouse is also located in San Marco Square, across the fountain from Fuji. 

V Pizza & Sidecar

This restaurant serves a variety of pizzas, of course, and appetizers like wings. If you’re going to the game with a big group, this is a great place to eat. V Pizza the northernmost restaurant on the list, also on Hendricks Ave.