Georgia Ends 42 Year Drought with Another National Championship

Georgia bests Bama to become 2022 CFP National Champs

Noah Ferrizzi, Web Editor-in-Chief

The Georgia Bulldogs are this years CFP and national champions. The Bulldogs defeated their conference rival Alabama Crimson Tide 33-18 on Monday night in a rematch from the SEC Championship game. In that game the Tide dominated the Dogs 41-24. Which derailed the Dogs then-perfect season. The national championship ends Georgia’s 42 year drought without winning the big game. That streak went back to 1980 where UGA took down then number seven Notre Dame in the Sugar Bowl to complete a 12-0 perfect season. That team and this team finish number one in the AP (Asociated Press) and national champions. Bama led the Dogs 18-13 with 8:53 left in the fourth quarter before Adonai Mitchell hauled in a 40 yard touchdown pass to put 19-18. Former walk on quarterback Stetson Bennet threw for 224 yards and two touchdowns. Georgia freshman defensive back Kelee Ringo made a pick-six with just a minute left in the fourth quarter to seal the game. Bryce Young, who won this years Heisman Trophy tossed one touchdown and two interceptions. Bama’s star wideout Jameson Williams tore his ACL mid game and depleted the wide receiver core even more. The Dogs finish the season 14-1 as CFP and national champions.