Breaking News
Student Media - Bishop Kenny High School

The Shield

The Shield

The Shield

Support Us
$225
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Bishop Kenny High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

Bulldogs Beat Crusaders

The Bolles varsity basketball team toppled Bishop Kenny 41-30 on Friday night at Buddy Ward Court

With the arena filled to the brim and the Bishop Kenny student section sporting ancient Roman togas, a new chapter in the Bishop Kenny vs. Bolles rivalry was set up well.

The Crusaders crashed the boards relentlessly, racking up 52 rebounds, with 25 of those being offensive rebounds, but the squad couldn’t keep up with the Bulldogs.

“Everything went according to plan,” senior guard Clayton Gallaher. “It’s just we couldn’t find a way to put the ball in the basket.”

The Bulldogs were led by brothers Davey Crouch, who finished with 17 points, and Bobby Crouch, who notched 11 points.

The Bulldogs jumped out to a sudden lead in the first quarter, but the Crusaders came roaring back in the second quarter. However, with poor shooting plaguing Bishop Kenny and their leading scorers, Christian Agudelo and Noah Semple, only adding 6 points each, Bolles was able to run away with the game in the second half to take home a 41-30 victory.

“All we need to do is just stick together,” Gallaher said. “That’s all it is.”

The Crusaders dropped to 8-10 on the season and will take on Terry Parker next Friday night.