Breaking News
Student Media - Bishop Kenny High School

The Shield

The Shield

The Shield

Support Us
$225
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Bishop Kenny High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

Round of applause

BK has annual fall awards ceremony

Honored students from 10th to 12th grade were invited to a gathering on September 19 in the Carla Harris Center to receive awards and recognition for their achievements that took place during the 2017-18 school year. Students received awards for service hours, honor roll, and exemplary performance in specific subjects.

In addition to set awards, a number of seniors received honors from colleges all over the country, congratulating them for excelling in subjects such as science, history, and for being model students. Recipients include Emma St. John, Lucia Macchi, James Deats, Eric Partain, Max Montana, and Elizabeth Wildsmith among an additional handful of students.

This ceremony allows students to receive recognition and applause for the work they achieved during the last school year. In addition to being recognized on the stage and receiving a certificate and/or a star and academic letter, the students also received one coupon for a free pack of Otis Spunkmeyer cookies.