Breaking News
Student Media - Bishop Kenny High School

The Shield

The Shield

The Shield

Support Us
$225
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Bishop Kenny High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

Fighting Violence with Vocals

Broadway artists release fundraiser song

Emily Willis | Opinion Editor

Bestselling artists Lin Manuel-Miranda and Ben Platt have released a song in which proceeds benefit March For Our Lives, a rally protesting gun violence. “Found/Tonight”, released on Monday, March 10, harmonizes “The Story of Tonight”, from Miranda’s hit-musical “Hamilton”, and “You Will Be Found”, from “Dear Evan Hansen”, in which Platt previously played the title role.

“In the wake of Parkland, I was awestruck by the strength and leadership of the students and their ability to speak truth to power,” Miranda said in a statement. “This song is my way of helping to raise funds and awareness for their efforts, and to say ‘thank you’.”

Many have shown praise for the song, including survivor of the Parkland school shooting Emma Gonzalez.

“I just listened to it and I can’t stop crying. I’m going to listen to this forever,” Gonzalez tweeted after the release of the song.

Platt and Miranda and expected to perform the song live March 24 at the March For Our Lives in Washington DC.