Corona Affects Kenny Life Update 8

BK experiences another reported case

Sarah Roberts

Bishop Kenny students in class

Sarah Roberts, Business and Managing Editor

This past week, Duncan Fletcher High School is shut down until at least Oct 28. This is due to Fletcher High experiencing over 30 Corona cases after it spread at a homecoming party that is said to have had over 300 students attending. District Officials have also looked into Douglas Anderson School of the Arts for cases that were related to a dance event it held with a guest choreographer.
There have also been many Bishop Kenny students who have been sent home because they were exposed to Corona. Recently there was a case at Camp I Am Special, resulting camp counselors from BK to be quarantined. It was also announced yesterday that BK had another reported Corona case, making the amount of reported cases at least five throughout the school

If a student tests positive for Corona and reports it to BK administration, that student along with other students around that student will be quarantined for 14 days. Some students have opted to test for Corona and some who have tested negative has been allowed to come back to school early. If a student is quarantined, they will participate in classes through the Zoom program.

As a reminder, Bishop Kenny students were given the option to either go to school full time, or go to virtual school through the Archdiocese of Miami. Masks are required for all BK students on campus and they are asked to sanitize when possible. As a reminder, if you do not feel well, please do not come to school and wash your hands when ever you can. BK students are also asked to please uphold social distancing guidelines when ever possible.

This is an ongoing story and will be updated as more information on Bishop Kenny and Coronavirus are announced.