Singing for the Soul

“Music Mania” night allows for students to showcase their musical talents.

Dailey Jackson, Managing Editor

On Apr. 3, Bishop Kenny hosted its second “Coffee House” night for the year, this time called “Music Mania” night. The event showcased performances from twenty students ranging from freshmen to seniors. There was coffee and cookies for the audience to enjoy while the performers sang, played instruments, and performed musical theatre pieces. The money raised from the event benefited the Bishop Kenny music and theatre departments.

Junior Jackson Alter sang and played guitar to two original songs he wrote months before the event.

“I got a lot of inspiration from the people I’ve met and experiences I’ve gone through, and I just tried to portray a feeling,” Alter said.

Though many students sang solos, some performed duets, both a cappella and with music. One duet included Tyler Thompson and Madison Johnson, who sang to “I See the Light” from Tangled, originally sang by Mandy Moore and Zachary Levi.

Lola Martin performed two pieces, one called “Better Man” by Little Big Town and the other called “I Almost Do” by Taylor Swift. This is Martin’s first time performing at a

“Coffee House” night, and enjoyed the chance to hear other people’s talents

”There were so many people here that I didn’t even know could sing or write songs and I think it’s awesome to see people expressive themselves in a different way,” Martin said. “This kind of art is so beautiful.”